As the weather breaks we see more and more people entering the dreaded world of dieting down. Whether it is from a winter bulk or a long term weight-loss goal, it’s important to continue to feed the body and take a realistic approach to fat loss – not just weight loss. Before jumping into a weight-loss regimen, you should have a general idea of the calories and your macro breakdown for the food you’re consuming on a daily basis- otherwise you’re going at this blindfolded.
A healthy, lean body is the result of a lifestyle change. As your transitioning from your current food intake into a caloric deficit, here are 5 products we suggest trying to get the best use of your training and food.
5. ZMA – This supplement isn’t new or revolutionary but we do see a large amount of people neglecting their sleep and cortisol (stress hormone) levels. Paying attention to the amount of sleep and the quality of sleep you get each night can help your body’s fat/muscle composition!
4. Creatine – Everyone knows Creatine as the horrible product that causes fat gain. It doesn’t. Creatine shuttles water into the muscle cells (not create fat). Creatine can help with muscle gain as well as muscle retention when dieting. As inexpensive as it is, it can be in your arsenal anytime.
3. L Carnitine – This is always a controversial supplement. L-Carnitine can help with fat burning if there is a deficiency in L-carnitine within the body. Check out what else Examine.com has to say about ALCAR.
“ALCAR supplementation is also a very safe method of improving insulin sensitivity and blood vessel health”
“Fat Loss is typically attributed to the increased activity done by people, from the increased energy they have from ALCAR supplementation.”
You can read more from Examine here: https://examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/
2. EAA Formulas – Most people know BCAA’s, but EAA’s can be as important – if not more important! EAA’s help lay new muscle when used around training times. When the focus is a better body composition prior to dieting, intra workouts with a proper dose of EAA’s are a great choice. Nutra Bio’s Intra Blast and Project AD’s Aminotaur have strong EAA/BCAA formulas.
1. Nutrient Partitioners – Few products have taken our store by storm more than Matador and Pump Dirt. These products are in the category of nutrient partitioners, meaning they help utilize carbohydrates being ingested by reducing blood sugar levels. This product is designed specifically for those taking carbohydrates pre and post workout. This helps carbohydrates to not be stored as fat, deliver amazing pumps, and in many cases – tighten up the body without a reduction in overall calories. Nutrient partitioners are not designed for those consuming low carbs which makes it ideal for those in the off-season, maintenance, or high to moderate-carb dieters. Not only do these products work, but they’re affordable too!